Dr. Sage White — Your Cedar City Dentist
For over 40 years, Dr. White has helped patients improve their lives and this extends to our sleep apnea care. Dr. White has a special interest in assisting sleep apnea patients because he suffers from the condition himself. After a difficult process, Dr. White was able to treat his own sleep apnea using an oral appliance. This makes him even more empathetic when he comes across a patient who feels frustrated because their sleep apnea symptoms leave them feeling tired and listless during the day. He finds it especially rewarding when he can help a sleep apnea patient find relief.
Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Throughout his career, Dr. White has used continuing education to remain up-to-date with the dental profession. He also teaches courses to his fellow dentists on how to treat sleep apnea.
Dr. White is recognized as a Diplomate by the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine (ABDSM). In order to achieve this distinction, he had to meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate mastery using at least two different types of oral appliances
- Observe treatment and clinical interaction at a sleep center
- Complete over 50 hours of continuing education courses in sleep medicine
- Provide ten documented case studies of patients he’s treated with oral appliances
- Pass the rigorous ABDSM examination
- Obtain letters of recommendation from two board-certified physicians.
Dr. White Loves Southern Utah
Dr. White enjoys serving all of our patients throughout Enoch, Hamiltons Fort, Kanarraville, Summit, and the surrounding areas. He opened up his practice in Cedar City, Utah because he was enchanted by the area and he knew it would be a great place to raise a family. He loves the outdoors and his passion for helping people in our community is what motivates Dr. White to come to work every day with a smile on his face. During his free time, he enjoys spending time with his children and grandchildren and being involved in his church. His hobbies include scuba diving, golf, and playing the guitar.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right dentist?
It’s crucial that you trust your dentist and feel confident in the treatment you receive. Here are 5 helpful tips for choosing the best dentist:
- Check their qualifications. Your dentist should be certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) and actively pursue continuing education to remain at the forefront of their field.
- Make sure your insurance plan is accepted.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and doctors you trust.
- For your convenience and peace of mind, choose a dentist who can meet all of your family’s needs. You don’t want to juggle appointments with a separate pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dentist if it’s not necessary.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with not only your prospective dentist, but with the entire practice as a whole. Visit the office and talk with other staff members before your appointment to ensure you always receive the compassionate care you expect.
What questions should I ask my dentist?
When you’re looking for a new dentist, it’s a good idea to interview them so you can be sure they’ll meet all of your specific needs. Questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been practicing?
- Where did you study?
- Do you hold any advanced certifications?
- What professional associations are you a member of?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- Can you show me patient reviews and before-and-after photos?
Schedule Your Consultation With Dr. White
Getting a good night’s sleep is the cornerstone of personal wellness which is why our sleep apnea dentist provides a comfortable solution to treat snoring and sleep apnea. The experts at Southern Utah Sleep & TMJ Center provide effective sleep apnea solutions to patients in Enoch, Hamiltons Fort, Kanarraville, Summit, and the surrounding areas. Give us a call at (435) 267-0486 or fill out our form below to schedule a consultation with Dr. White.